Now, I am normally not the type to blog about very personal things especially with my love life but I am making an exception for today. I normally just write on my personal journal or me and my boyfriend’s secret online journal in Tumblr whenever I feel like expressing my feelings and thoughts. I am making an exception this time because.. I want to share everyone how happy I truly am and I believe – he deserves that kind of acknowledgement, too.
So, let me share you all how lucky and happy I am to love and be loved by this man who totally rocked my world. Literally, I have known him since 2008 – we started dating at that year, too. I have to tell you early on, though a lot of my friends would tell us how perfect we are for each other.. our relationship was far from perfect. After all, we’ve been in constant struggle for more than 5 to 6 years now. We also broke up, got back together, broke up again – had a complicated situation but have always remained in each other’s hearts and until today, we’re still together. Right now, it’s an LDR (Long Distance Relationship) kind of complicated relationship but you know what? For people who have a strong foundation of relationship and big trust towards each other – it’s still hard but in time, I was really happy to how we are – how we have become and to how we will be in the future.
Now, talking about how I feel about this man would take me forever so I’ll just break it down to pieces on why I believe I am loving and being loved by the most awesome guy in the whole world!
(Yeah, bt*ch and that tops off your boyfriend or husband, too!) – Forgive me, I just had to brag. Don’t we all?
1. He accepts me for who I am – the good, the bad and the ugly – Now this may sound cliche but he literally does accept me for who I am. A lot of man can tell you he accepts you but rarely do we meet someone who can act upon it. People would normally tell you that they tend to love someone by their heart but most of the time – it’s not that way, right? He choose to love me when I’m fat, super fat and really fat – like literally. He love me when I’m such a brat, overly demanding, very selfish and have a lot of personal issues. When my family had this tremendous situation, he was there for me and never once – left me. I’m not always a nice girl – I have a bad side, too but he always chose to be there for me. When I am doing something not right – he is like my mom or dad giving me tons of lectures which really irritates me but I guess – those are also the reasons why I keep loving him more.
2. I’m not just nuts. I am a crazy woman – literally! Now, men normally pulls away from women who have too much going on. Someone who overly thinks about things in their relationship, someone who is overly sensitive, overly reacts to certain things. He always had the chance to cut off our communication and relationship, especially when he is already so far away – but he didn’t. Trust me, he would literally tell me how crazy I am for assuming things, thinking too much about things.. being too sensitive of too many things. We had a lot of arguments and misunderstanding just because I tend to be really, crazy but you know what? He is still the first one who looks for me at the end of the day.
3. He supports my career endeavors – I tend to really do what I just want – not for the sake of earning money or anything. I believe that was a double edged sword for me – it made me just want to do what I want when I want and not drive myself to really work my a** off unlike other people. Not everyone accepts the fact that I tend to lose sight of reality when it comes to career – to what works and what does not but regardless of those kind of issues I tend to deal with.. he is proud of the things I have achieved and he supports me all the way. He doesn’t understand the concept of being a freelancer, a blogger, and my other gigs but he always supported my career endeavors and believe in my abilities for it.
4. I tend to be clingy and I am full of drama – I honestly had no idea that I was the clingy type as most men who are interested in me tend to tell me I have a heart of stone – probably because I was not interested in them. But my man once told me that I am the clingy type of woman. I was shocked at first because I personally think that could be a turn off for men but he told me that – it depends on people’s preferences. He actually like that part of me – the part of me that clings to him, that acts needy at times. I easily get sad, happy, I easily cry, too and he gets really frustrated about it! But again, he’s still there.. he’s still in my life. He never once told me.. I was tiring, it was more of.. he believed it was a part of who I am.
5. We’ve been far apart but still made our way towards each other – One of the biggest struggle was breaking up, getting back, breaking up, and having no clue what you guys are. We had those moments, too. It was a complicated situation. It brought me happiness, pain and suffering – it brought me tears yet, at the end of the day, it still brought me bliss. I honestly believe that you can’t really say you and your partner have gone through a lot if you guys have always been together. Try not being together – try being far apart with having no choice but to be away from each other. See if you will still try to make it work out. As for us, we tried to let it go but in the end, we still end up being with each other – even when we have become countries apart with all the impossible type of scenario and situation that most people will never understand. We have that kind of special bond that is just unbreakable. I was aware of it and so does he.
6. I trust him, He trust me and that’s a BIG WORD – Let’s get real. Men can make love to you, be sweet to you but they can’t just easily trust you completely to the point he can say every single thing on his mind. My man had tons of situations that made him want to trust no one.. so when I found out that among people, that I am the one he can trust the most – that was a big deal for me. That strengthens our relationship more. As for me, I trust him, I could even trust him my life and not regret it. Trust is very important in a relationship, it’s like a foundation to everything.
7. Honest and Sometimes, TOO HONEST – We don’t hide anything from each other. Again, this is really good and sometimes can be a double edge sword to anyone – not just us. He’s very blunt about certain things, sometimes I find it hurtful but then again, at least he was honest – I was sensitive but I kind of got used to him being that type of man. I appreciate that part of him. Not all men can do that, a lot of men would play around with words to make you feel good.. I prefer him being honest, understanding and truthful to me – and I am glad he is exactly like that towards me and our relationship.
I could go on and on with a list on why I believe I am lucky to have this man in my life and have no end to it! Words are just not enough – these things are not enough for me to fully brag and express why I am so thankful that I have him in my life all these years. But you know what? I am always thankful to God.. that we are still together and that we have each other after all these times. Trust me, what we have gone through is not easy. It was beyond challenging more than I could ever say.. but the fact that we still have each other and love each other is enough to make me the happiest woman alive in Earth.
So, hun.. if you are also reading this I just want to say, I love you and I am very, very thankful that I have you in my life. Thanks for loving me for who I am regardless of my issues and setbacks – thank you and thank God for bringing you to my life. My life has truly become much more colorful and at bliss, thanks to you.