Women love buying shoes all the time – most even have a whole closet just for their shoes. While we tend to choose the kind of shoes that looks good on our feet, most of the time.. We tend to forget the fact that we should also take care of our feet.
This guide shows you what to look for when buying shoes and keeping your feet healthy all the time.
Quick Tips to Remember When Shoe Shopping:
1. Make sure you are able to wiggle your toes inside your shoes.
2. Make sure to try out the shoes before making your purchase. Walk for a few steps and see how it feels like.
3. Choose footwear materials that allow your feet to breathe and mould well to the shape of your foot. Having leather type of material for your shoes would be great!
4. Remember that “afternoon” is the best time to buy a shoes as our feet tends to swell a little during the day. Our feet is at its rightful shape and largest form during the afternoon.
5. Always remember to buy and wear the right shoes – if you will be doing a lot of walking, high heels is definitely not the right choice to make.
General Tips in Finding the Best Shoes to Wear:
1. It is very important you wear the type of shoes that fits you perfectly. Don’t give in to the temptation of the shoe would look on you – a bad fitting shoe can be very damaging to your feet. A lot of people tend to have foot problems because of their poorly fitting shoes – sometimes, these foot problems even gets worse over time.
2. Make sure to choose a shoe that feels comfortable with your feet. Always remember to check if you have at least an inch of space between your longest toe and at the end of the shoe. There should be no pressure on the joints on the sides of your foot, thus enough width space is to be taken into consideration as well.
3. Do remember that our feet tend to increase both in length and width. So, it is important to always check whether the fit is correct and never rely on the shoe size alone. You need to also be aware that not all shoes are made the same. It is very important to do a shoe fitting first.
It’s the High Heels!
As a woman myself, I would say that high heels are an essential part of every women’s wardrobe. They make our legs look longer and our bottom smaller. Unfortunately, they can really be a pain at times, too. No matter how it will look great on our feet – they tend to give us blisters, corns and calluses to serious foot, knee and back pain.
Here’s are some tips you can follow to enjoy wearing those high heels without damaging your feet:
1. Do know that high heels is not a walking footwear as they are not made meant to be use for long walking hours. Limit the time you wear these type of shoes to only 3 to 8 hours a day and wear them to glamorous and special events only.
2. Don’t use your high heels to run as if you are rushing to catch a bus. Use your high heels with class and just slow down – taking smaller steps at a time. Put your heel down first and just glide! Not only this minimize the damage on your feet but it also gives you the sexy high-heel wiggle!
3. Again, according to survey and tests.. 90% of the people tend to wear shoes that are too small for them. So again, make sure you are wearing a shoe that really fits you – perfectly and correctly!
4. Give your feet some extra special loving care after wearing those high heels. Enjoy a relaxing foot bath and a moisturizing massage when you get home.
Always choose the kind of shoes that fits the occasion. If you are going to walk a lot, you should choose a footwear that is great for walking so it won’t damage your feet. A walking shoe for example, should keep your feet in place to prevent blisters and keep the toes from slipping forward – especially when you are walking downhill.
Foot Care Tips for a Healthy Feet:
1. Wash your feet every day in warm and soapy water and dry it thoroughly.
2. If your skin is dry, feel free to apply moisturizing cream.
3. Trim those toenails regularly and try to cut it straight across and nothing of too short.
4. Keep those feet warm and do exercise to improve circulation.
Remember, that our feet needs some attention and loving care, too!
Don’t take them for granted – it is also one of the most important part of our body!
Check this out – as for a few people – shoes are way more important than just an everyday apparel!
Image source: fswshoes.com.au