In this time and age, joining pageant beauties doesn’t come so rarely anymore. In fact, even young girls tend to participate in tons of beauty pageant competitions. As pageant specialists say, when joining pageant competitions especially for your girls and kids – fashion plays a tricky and crucial role.
Here are some tips to know what to wear for any pageant beauty competition for young girls:
1. Planning – Choosing for pageant dresses for girls is no easy task, so make sure you plan ahead of time. There is a need for thorough checking of your budget, style research, fitting and practice towards the pageant event.
2. Style Research -One of the things most people fail to realize is that they have to know what the pageant is really for… is the pageant for teenagers, for kids or for women of 20+ years of age? These things count. What you wear should actually fit the categories of the competition.
3. Pageant Dresses – It’s always best to select a full length gown for the competition and if you do wear one – do make sure it touches the floor and the shoes shouldn’t be seen all at the same time, make it to a point where your child can walk in the gown without stepping on it.
For girl ages from 4 to 12 years old, it is better for these girls to wear gowns that has straps on it. Remember to take notice of your daughter once she wears the gown – does it make her look older? If she does, then the dress might be too mature for her – work on the straps for this age range. Strapless gowns are best to be worn by pageant beauties from 16 years old and up.
4. See the Bigger Picture – Though a lot of us tend to just want to wear something really nice and beautiful. We do need to check what we wear, keeping the judges perspective in mind. Take note, that if the dress seems too wide, it will shorten your daughter’s height on stage and it will take away the attention from the girl. Also, know that there is a fine line between making a statement with the gowns you wear and being too much. After all, the judges want to see the contestant more than their dress. It’s still all about your daughter at the end of the day.
PS. Remember that high slits are best to be worn by pageant beauties over the age of 18 and up.
5. Singled Colored Gowns – In beauty pageant competitions, single colored gowns are the best choice to make! Colors actually plays a big role with your dress too. If you try to use very light colors, most likely, on stage it will appear just like white!
It’s always nice to be able to wear the dress of our dreams and this is especially true even with young girls, but do remember it’s important to not worry so much with the dress, just have fun and be confident as your attitude and aura will show during the competition. Work on your eye contact, smile and practice those graceful walks and rock that pageant beauty competition!