There are so many ways to tighten our skin after losing weight and it comes with various of reasons with it, too. Most of them is due to the sudden or rapid weight loss and some are due to pregnancy. While losing weight might shed off those pounds, you might still feel bulky and may notice a lot of sagging skin in your body. What you can do is tighten your skin, that you may fit in to those clothes, dresses and jeans you want while looking healthy, beautiful and toned as well. Let me share you some of my favorite and effective ways to tighten your skin after weight loss.
First, it’s important to know what skin tightening truly is about. In very simple terms, skin tightening is a surgical or non-surgical type of firming, lifting and smoothing of the skin to reduce sagging skin and wrinkles.
What are the different types of skin tightening?
1. Applying Skin Firming Creams – especially those with a lot of herbal ingredients including, aloe vera, vitamin A and vitamin E.
2. Laser Skin Tightening Procedure – a non-surgical process that uses an a laser to tighten skin by heating the collagen under the skin’s surface, causing the skin to contract and tighten – instant results immediately after treatment.
3. Massage Therapy – A weekly massage will help you in tightening skin after weight loss as they help stimulate the blood cells and really help your skin to be much firmer!
4. Exercise by Weight Training or Yoga – Doing exercises at least 3 times a week will be is good for skin tightening as building toned and lean muscle under your skin will help it look not just tighter but sexier, too!
5. Ultherapy – a non-invasive procedure to life the skin on face, neck and chest. For more visit The Herschthal Practice.
Aside from the different types of skin tightening which I have mentioned earlier,
Here are some of my favorite ways to tighten the skin after weight loss:
1. Drink a lot of Water!
It’s very simple yet many have taken it for granted. Drinking a lot of water will not just hydrate your skin but it will also help you get glowing skin while tightening it up. Drinking a lot of water after workouts and diet makes a whole lot of difference, too!
2. Eat More Lean Proteins
Eating a lot of lean proteins will build lean muscle, which will make you appear more toned. It also contains collagen and other nutrients that your skin needs to stay elastic. Also, did you know that eating lean protein after a workout will help in boosting your muscle building?
3. Avoid Junk Foods
Never give in to junk foods, processed foods or junk foods. Not only it ruins your diet but it also is never good for your skin. For a healthy, toned body and tightened skin, you need to avoid foods that are high in fat. Tasting one or two is okay but be warned – these can be addictive! You can never settle for tasting one or two especially when they taste really, really good!
4. Avoid Using Harsh Soaps
Always checked in the ingredients of your soap – having a lot of sulfates can over-dry and irritate skin,while stripping its vital moisture and making it less elastic in the process, so be warned! If you’re trying to tighten skin after weight loss, make sure to shop around for sulfate-free products. I would recommend Dove and L’Oreal products for this one!
5. DIY Technique using Castor Oil
Castor Oil has a lot of health and skin benefits but using it every night with a bit of lemon juice and lavender oil to rub into your skin. Do this every night and be amazed to see its difference! Apply this to your stomach every night and let me know how it works out!
There are still a lot of ways to tighten your skin, these are just some of my most favorite – aside from working out, ofcourse – that will always be helpful to keep your skin firm and gorgeous! If you have a tip of your own, feel free to share them and common below on this post! I’d love to hear what you do to tighten your skin after weight loss.