There are so many factors that most people tend to disregard and overlook. In terms of beauty and wellness, some of those things are the following: feet, hands, eating habits and our hair. A lot of people might agree or disagree to this but this is what I have believed and observed from various of people – including myself.
A lot of people would spend so much time with their clothes, hygiene – as long as they look good, that would be enough. I actually don’t agree to this. As long as you hide it, it’s enough.
Not taking care of your feet – as long as you shower.
Not taking care of your hands as long as you wash it.
Not taking care of your hair as long as you comb it.
Not taking care of the food that you eat as long as you keep yourself in the gym – as long as no one sees it.
These things are mostly what most people think or do – at the very least, I had times when I was like this myself but I believe that we all should invest time and effort in taking care of ourselves properly as these things are what we can call a long-term commitment on our part which will pay off in the long run.
Let’s talk about Hair Loss…
Experiencing hair fall on a daily basis is something normal to most people. It is even normal to shed 50 to 100 strands each day as part of the hair growth cycle but do remember that beyond that number would not be consider normal anymore. Exceeding more than a hundred strands per day would be called excessive hair loss and it can be from numerous things such as hereditary disorders, illness, major surgery, hormonal problems, child birth and delivery, medication and infections, too.
How do I stop and prevent hair loss from happening?
What we need to work on, is its prevention. Remember that in terms of hair loss, keeping the hair and scalp clean is very important in preventing hair fall. Some hair loss has something to do with medication you take in – some could be due to infection or any fungal scalp condition. What you can do is either checked in with your doctor or you may use shampoo or scalp lotion that provides nourishment to your scalp – stopping hair fall and stimulate hair growth.
Novuhair has formulated a 3-in-1 hair care products that aids in hair loss. It comes with a Herbal Shampoo, Herbal Conditioner and Topical Scalp Lotion. Their shampoo and conditioner have been developed especially to prepare the scalp in an optimal way for the application of Novuhair Topical Scalp Lotion which will enhance its effect. The Novuhair Topical Scalp Lotion consist of a unique combination of herbal extracts, essential oils and co-factor nutrients which help strengthen and reactivates hair follicles, to reduce hair loss and to stimulate hair growth. It was specifically chosen for their hair growing properties which promises hair growth and a healthy scalp to its user as early as 3 weeks to 2 months of usage.
Knowing all of these things – it all goes down to one thing. What we really need is to practice having a healthy lifestyle and practice taking care of our hair and scalp on a daily basis.
Healthy Hair and Scalp Tips
1. A healthy lifestyle will always promise you healthier hair. Do take note that excessive stress, smoking, insufficient sleep and lack of regular exercise and imbalanced nutrition is unhealthy for your hair, especially for your mind, body and health.
2. Avoid the use of plastic bristle brushes. A combination of natural boar bristles or flat brush are best for dry hair, while soft, rubber-toothed wide-paneled brushes are best for damp hair. I personally suggest try investing with a wooden comb. It will help your hair and scalp from drying, naturally – it also keeps your hair healthy and gives a lustrous look to your hair. I’m actually been using a wooden comb – it helps especially since my hair is chemically treated from various hair treatments.
3. Brush before shampooing – all the time! A few gentle strokes on dry hair will remove hair tangles and scalp flakes. It will also stimulate the scalp, promotes blood circulation (which delivers nutrients like oxygen) to the hair follicles.
4. Be gentle in washing your hair. Use your finger pads to massage your hair. Remember, the hair is most vulnerable when wet.
5. I know it may be easy to purchase shampoo and conditioner – especially when it’s by advertised on the television – with various use of media and celebrity but please, do try to know the ingredients of your shampoo before using it. Chemical based shampoo contains harmful chemicals that may damage the texture of your hair.
6. Prevent having dry scalp but minimizing or if possible, refraining in washing your hair with hot water. This can strip the essential oils and causes dryness of your scalp. So, to avoid dryness and to retain essential oils on your scalp, wash your hair with lukewarm water. Try to avoid excessive blow drying in the process, too!
7. Avoid applying hair care products directly on the scalp.
8. Do not use tight caps and hats as such may lead to poor blood circulation on the scalp.
9. Do not exchange hats or caps with others, too!
I hope everyone has learn something today regarding taking care of our hair and scalp! If after following all these tips and still, you experience excessive hair fall – please consult your doctor. After all, doctors knows best when it comes to problems like these.