There has been too many scents available by the counter and sometimes, it’s just so confusing which is better. We mostly rely on our sense of smell but sometimes, just getting to know the different types of fragrance is very helpful. After all, though it is never a requirement, there are suggestive ways where to use certain fragrance and what kind of fragrance we use, actually says a lot about our mood, too!
1. Citrus Fragrance – Citrus Fragrance are known for their tangy essence that gives a lively and energetic feeling. Mostly being used for daytime activities like going to school or work as it helps you get more energized throughout the day. Wearing a citrus fragrance is also good for meeting up with your friends – anything that has to do with fun and laughter. It has a sharp and tangy aroma which is refreshing and uplifting at the same time. It blends well with people who doesn’t want to wear an overpowering fragrance to their body.
2. Floral Fragrance – Floral Fragrances are combined with various type of flowers that gives that feminine appeal to the user. It’s sweet and romantic. Perfect to bring out your sweet and darling side to your personality. It’s also one of the most popular fragrance most women tend to use to their day to day activities.
3. Fruity Fragrance – Fruity fragrances are one that is ideal type of perfumes to use for summer. It’s pleases the nose with a fruity fragrance of apples, peach, berries, mango and many other juicy fruits. Not my favorite as sometimes, I feel fruity ones are too strong for me – it depends to your kind of taste. So make sure you shop for your type of fragrance that suits your personality and makes you feel fresh and comfortable all day.
3. Woody Fragrance – These type of scents are based on bark, moss and conjuring winding forest paths. It is more of a unisex kind of fragrance and my top favorite, too. It has a strong and classic appeal which you can use when in a corporate office or any night time events. It’s has the feeling of sophisticated kind of style that catches the attention of both men and women.
4. Green Fragrance – Green fragrances is all about the natural smell of fresh leaves. These type of scents are being used by both men and women. Perfect for those events which you dress to impress. It’s also perfect for any kind of outdoor activities. I believed.. when I was in college it was something I have used almost everyday!
5. Oceanic Fragrance – Oceanic fragrances are those which are bound to natural aromas of the air, mountain and the ocean. It’s very natural, clean and fresh. Mostly being used by men because of the masculine kind of feel with a hint of spice and citrus to it. Most of what I give to my boyfriend are more into this category to and he loves it!
It was not until last year when I realized the importance of really knowing the different type of fragrance. It also helps not to get confused on which is which though, I believe at the end of the day.. what type of scent you like most is one which will truly matter. As for me, I like the scent of woody more than floral or fruity. It’s weird but I like that intense type of feeling as it defines my personality much more. How about you?